ILLINOIS MEDICAL WASTE SERVICES AND OSHA COMPLIANCE TRAINING
Illinois Medical Services Offered
Expired Rx Pharmaceutical
OUR ILLINOIS SERVICE AREAS
MediWaste offers full-service medical waste management services throughout the entire state of Illinois, including but not limited to: Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Schaumburg and Naperville.
For a fast Free Quote just click on the link below or call us today to start saving a minimum of 30% or more on your medical waste disposal needs.
Illinois EPA State Definitions
Classifications of Waste
What is potentially infectious medical waste (PIMW)? Potentially Infectious Medical Waste (PIMW) is waste generated in connection with:
- The diagnosis, treatment (i.e., provision of medical services), or immunization of human beings or animals;
- Research pertaining to the provision of medical services; or
- The production or testing of biological waste
Types of Wastes
- Cultures and stocks;
- Human pathological wastes;
- Human blood and blood products;
- Used sharps;
- Animal waste;
- Isolation waste;
- Unused sharps.
- 45 degrees F if stored more than 72hrs
- Cannot be stored more than 30 days regardless of temp
- Labeled as biohazard with int’l symbol
Full a full list download this helpful “Summary of Regulatory Requirements” .pdf from the Illinois EPA.
Illinois Healthcare Environmental Resource Center
This site provides pollution prevention and compliance assistance information for the healthcare sector. It is intended to be a comprehensive resource, covering all the varieties of hospital wastes, and all the rules that apply to them, including both federal regulations and the specific rules that apply in your state.
Illinois Online Osha Compliance Program
MediWaste offers online OSHA Compliance training focusing on Illinois State OSHA guidelines.
We understand the importance of saving you money without sacrificing service. MediWaste Disposal will be your partner in your medical waste management program by being a low-cost provider of medical waste disposal and OSHA training services.