New Hampshire MEDICAL WASTE SERVICES AND OSHA COMPLIANCE TRAINING
New Hampshire Medical Services Offered
Expired Rx Pharmaceutical
OUR New Hampshire SERVICE AREAS
MediWaste offers full-service medical waste management services throughout the entire state of New Hampshire, including but not limited to: Concord, Dover, Manchester, Nashua and Portsmouth.
For a fast Free Quote just click on the link below or call us today to start saving a minimum of 30% or more on your medical waste disposal needs.
New Hampshire EPA State Definitions
Classifications of Waste
“Infectious waste” means any waste, which because of its infectious nature may cause or significantly contribute to an increase in mortality or an increase in serious irreversible or incapacitating reversible illness; or pose a substantial present or potential hazard to human health or the environment when improperly treated, stored, transported, disposed of or otherwise managed.
Types of Wastes
- Cultures and stocks of infectious agents and associated biologicals.
- Pathological wastes.
- Waste human blood and products of blood
- Sharps that have been used in human or animal patient care or in medical, research, or industrial laboratories
- Contaminated animal carcasses, body parts, and bedding of animals that were exposed to infectious agents during research
- Wastes from human or animal patient care, surgery or autopsy that were in contact with infectious agents
- Laboratory wastes from medical, pathological, pharmaceutical, or other research
- Dialysis wastes that were in contact with the blood of patients undergoing hemodialysis
- Discarded medical equipment and parts that were in contact with infectious agents;
- Biological waste and discarded materials contaminated with blood, excretion
- Any discarded preparations made from genetically altered living organisms and their products
- Such other waste material that results from the administration of medical care to a patient whether human or animal by a health care provider and is found by the director in consultation with the division of public health services or state veterinarian to pose a threat to human health or the environment due to its infectious nature.
- Collection, storage and transfer of infectious waste shall comply with the requirements of Env-Sw 400 and this section.
- The waste shall be stored in a pre-designated location, protected from water, rain and wind.
- Storage containers and packaging shall be labeled conspicuously in a legible manner with the words “infectious waste,” or “biohazard waste,” or with the universal biohazard symbol.
- Waste stored at generator facilities shall be maintained in a nonputrescent state, using refrigeration when necessary.
- Waste shall not be stored at room temperatures in excess of 72 hours.
- Outdoor storage areas containing the waste, such as dumpsters, sheds, tractor trailers, or other storage areas, shall be locked to prevent unauthorized access.
- Access to on-site storage areas shall be limited to authorized persons.
- The waste shall be stored in a manner that shall provide protection from animals and shall not provide a breeding place or a food source for insects or rodents.
- Storage containers and packaging shall be of sufficient structural integrity to ensure that the waste shall not be released to the environment during storage.
- The contents of damaged or ruptured containers shall be re-packaged.
- Infectious waste shall be transferred by the generator to authorized facilities only.
New Hampshire State Resources
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
Business and Industry Association – NH Chamber of Commerce
New Hampshire Medical Society
New Hampshire Healthcare Environmental Resource Center
This site provides pollution prevention and compliance assistance information for the healthcare sector. It is intended to be a comprehensive resource, covering all the varieties of hospital wastes, and all the rules that apply to them, including both federal regulations and the specific rules that apply in your state.
New Hampshire Online Osha Compliance Program
MediWaste offers online OSHA Compliance training focusing on New Hampshire State OSHA guidelines.
We understand the importance of saving you money without sacrificing service. MediWaste Disposal will be your partner in your medical waste management program by being a low-cost provider of medical waste disposal and OSHA training services.